How to Recycle Stained Glass
- 1). Put on heavy protective gloves to handle the glass. Use a glass cutter to cut the glass into colorful irregular pebbles that can be used at the bottom of fish tanks, in small fish bowls and in vases that you already may have.
- 2). Break the stained glass into small pieces and arrange them into a mosaic on a plain tile. Glue the glass pieces onto the tile in the mosaic pattern that you have designed with an adhesive made for glass.
- 3). Create specialty picture frames by using adhesive to glue pieces of the stained glass in a pattern onto plain wooden frames.
- 4). Create tree ornaments by cutting through the stained glass with your glass cutter to make different-sized shapes. Glue each glass shape onto a piece of flexible cardboard. Cut the cardboard around the glass so that it does not show. Leave room on the top of the cardboard for a hole. Pull a piece of ribbon through the hole and pull the two ends together. Tie a knot on top of the ribbon loop and hang your ornament on your Christmas tree.
- 5). Wrap the stained glass in thick plastic bags and throw it into your regular garbage if you do not want to reuse the glass.